This service provides remote desktop and telephone support for school administration systems, helping schools make the best use of the school’s administrative hardware and software. This service is available to maintained schools and academies.
The Admin ICT Support Service provides 42 hours remote support per week all year round for administrative PCs and laptops, and administrative software. The school’s admin data is held centrally in a secure data centre separately from any systems used by pupils. Licensed anti-virus and anti-malware software is included for all administrative PCs and laptops in the school.
TwS operates a secure Microsoft Office 365 email system for all schools which includes access to the local authority staff address book. Access to email is available from inside or outside the school on mobile phones, iPads or PCs/laptops. The service includes support for the various Outlook Clients available as well as Outlook WebAccess.
On-site support is available by arrangement where any problems cannot be resolved remotely.
Details of the Service
Remote support for all administration computing systems including:
- Support for Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Installation & support of other approved administration software.
- Licensed anti-virus software installed and maintained on administration systems.
- Microsoft windows updates.
- Operating System Upgrades.
- Server management, including user accounts, file and print (this covers school based and/ or hosted server support).
- Operating system and software support for workstations, laptops, notebooks, tablets, printers, copiers etc.
- Liaising with BCC Data Networks for network problems. Network diagnosis included in remote support cost but any required on-site visits are chargeable.
- Digital Signage.
- Calls can be logged from any school PC via a web form.
- Any required on-site support may be chargeable.