Expert advice and training from an accredited support team on all aspects of Capita SIMS, including day-to-day support, production of on-demand bespoke reports for OFSTED and Governors, and assistance with statutory census returns. The service is available to maintained schools and academies.
The SIMS team works closely with TwS School Improvement and Educational Welfare teams to help schools make the most of SIMS as a school improvement tool, as well providing expert technical assistance.
The service provides expert knowledge and advice on how to get the most from your school’s Management Information System, including individual configuration of SIMS to suit your school’s requirements. The system is updated 3 times a year with patches and interim updates are provided whenever necessary. (Updates are chargeable for secondary schools running their own SIMS servers).
Training is available on all supported modules and software. Training is is provided at the TWS dedicated training room in Parkview, or bespoke training can be arranged in-school, for example a demonstration of how the National Curriculum, ‘Programme of Study’ within SIMS can be used to evaluate progress based on expectations, and to generate reports for parents/carers based on pupil attainment and progress linked to programmes of study.
Details of the Service
The following core SIMS modules are supported as part of the standard service:
- Core Suite;
- Assessment and Reporting;
- Registration and Admissions;
- Curriculum Management (Secondary and Independents);
- Examinations (Secondary and Independents);
- Registration Suite (Secondary and Independents);
- Nova-T6 (Timetabling) (support only – provided via a 3rd party);
For all these modules, the service comprises:
- Helpdesk support providing advice and remote support from a Capita accredited support team.
- Assistance with secure data transfer.
- Training for one delegate per school (except Nova-T6).
- Dedicated central servers to keep data secure and backed-up.
- Information updates on developments from Capita and DfE.
- Advice on fully utilising SIMS and related systems in your setting.
- Installation, reinstallation and upgrading of software and modules.
Included in the service:
- Support and training for all statutory requirements/returns to the LA and DfE including.
- School Census.
- School Workforce Census.
- KS1, KS2 EYFS and Phonics Assessments.
- Common Transfer Files.
- Provision of all SIMS upgrades where SIMS is centrally hosted. Upgrades will be provided to the SIMS server and to the workstations where automated upgrade processes can be enabled, or workstations are also supported by TwS.
- Provision of SIMS Patches as required.
- Technical support for the central SIMS infrastructure and database – Including data recovery (where SIMS is centrally hosted).
The SIMS team can also come to your school and deliver bespoke training and consultancy, e.g.
- Creating a SIMS Programme of Study to aid tracking of pupil progress and setting standards and targets.
- Personalised training, e.g. SIMS Office User, Dinner Money, Examination Manager.
- Support for End of Year routines.
- Basic training on Microsoft Excel.
- Creating Assessment Templates.
- Census training.
- Installation and Support of 3rd party software.
- Unique customisation of SIMS for use with 3rd party software.
Service Level Agreement
Click here for our SLA document
Service Desk Procedures
Click here for our SDP document