The service allows schools to take advantage of Bristol City Council’s purchasing power to obtain IT / Curriculum Equipment and Software at favourable rates. TwS can also arrange site visits by specialists for your audio-visual and networking requirements, and provide complete refurbishment of ICT suites (benches, cabinets etc.)
Details of the Service
- TwS will advise on any IT related purchasing enquiry to ensure schools are made aware of all options available.
- TwS has access to BCC’s established list of suppliers as well as the ability to go to new businesses to provide tailor-made quotations for your school / educational setting. TwS will also provide alternatives if it will be of benefit.
- TwS can tender for projects or large scale IT work, bringing in third party contractors if required.
- The service allows schools to take advantage of BCC’s discounts to purchase IT / curriculum equipment and software.
- Unpacking and Installation of equipment can be arranged where TwS provides the admin (admin machines only) or whole school support for the school.
- PCs for admin use can be pre-configured with standard admin software, or supplied direct from the manufacturer as required.
- Where schools take the whole-school service, installation of software for curriculum PCs, laptops and iPads can be carried out as part of the technician’s on-site time, or separately as a chargeable extra. Software installation for curriculum PCs, laptops and iPads for other schools can also be arranged.
- Complete refurbishments of ICT suites can be arranged, including replacement furniture and wall cabinets.
- TwS can quote for, order and administer a Microsoft Open Value Subscription (OVS) Agreement to cover all Microsoft licenses in the school.