Using the industry-leading Microsoft Office 365 product, the email service provides access to address books containing contact details of Bristol schools staff and Bristol City Council staff. The service is centrally managed by Trading with Schools.
The service allows schools to use any domain name they choose to purchase to send and receive email, or a MAT can use a single domain name for all its schools
There is no annual charge for this service if schools subscribe to the IT Administration Service or the IT Whole-School services.
Teaching staff qualify for a free copy of Microsoft Office for home use.
Details of the Service
- The email service uses the cloud-based Microsoft Office 365 to deliver a reliable and secure service, hosted in the EU.
- Access to address books containing details of other Bristol schools’ staff.
- Access to address books containing details of Bristol City Council staff.
- Mailing lists managed centrally or by the school.
- Use Microsoft, IOS (Apple) or Android mobile phones and tablets to access email.
- Use Outlook Web Version or Full Desktop Client, both in schools and remotely (if licensed).
- Industry-leading anti-spam and anti-malware email filtering.
- No advertising.
- Visibility of calendar and diary appointments can be restricted to individuals within your school or MAT (granular control is possible).
- Emails between schools and the LA are automatically transferred securely.
- Emails to other sites can be sent securely when needed.
- No annual charge where schools also subscribe to the IT administration or IT whole-school services.